Apr 9, 2010

Storylines Book Review

When I was given the opportunity to read Storylines, I jumped at it because it didn't sound like the typically hard to read biblical studies book. And I was NOT disappointed. I was hooked with in a couple pages. Although I've been attending church regularly for over 10 years now, reading the bible is still a huge struggle for me. But this book helped me make connections I never had before. This book was literally full of light bulb moments for me. I'm sure that things such as the story of Issac's foreshadowing was reference at some point to me but someone but it really clicked when used with other examples of how the life of Jesus is spread through the Old Testament, which for me is the hardest of hard when it comes to reading the bible. And I especially appreciate the recaps at the end of each chapter which make it easy for me to find references about things I've read. I will be holding on to this point as a referee for myself from now on.
I would highly recommend this book for any age or experience level. It is an easy read that is still very powerful!




Six overarching themes that flow throughout Scripture - Jesus, Covenant, Presence, Kingdom, Salvation, Worship - demystify the Bible and make it fun to read. With a thorough discussion of each of the six themes, as well as a summary of the Bible and a discussion of how it came to be in it present form, readers of all ages will read the Bible with new eyes!





Storylines is available online through David C Cook or Amazon.com.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great book!!! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!