Apr 25, 2010

I sweat the small stuff!

You know the saying, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff"?  Some add the "and it's all small stuff."  But today while listening the sermon at church I came to me.  I sweat the small stuff.  I am this fortress in the storm with the big stuff.  Ok that's not really true.  It's not really me.  With the big stuff, when real suffering came, I guess I had no choice but to dive into the safety of my faith.  I begged for prayers for my mom and my family and that meant I was lifted in prayer by a choir of amazing church family!  With that power, the power of God, I weather the big storms.  But as our Pastor spoke about God's sovereignty in suffering I realized I am able to see and have faith that God is working in the big things.  I can hold onto my faith that no matter how badly I'm hurting, he is in control and working for the good of his people.

HOWEVER, when it comes to the small stuff I forget where to go.  I get so caught up in trying to fix it, I don't pray about it.  I am unable to, or simply don't stop and consider what God is doing in the situation. I love the quote "Don't tell your God how big your problems are, tell your problems how big your God is."  But I only take my problems to God when they feel too big to take.  How much easier would my life be if I could hand it ALL over to him.  The little things can add up quickly and feel like they're crushing us like the weight of the world.

The verse we were taxed with memorizing today was
 Philippians 1:2: For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
I'd love to hear what this verse means to you?  And how YOU make sure you're constantly focusing on God in all things, big or small, good or bad?

1 comment:

  1. In every second of life, I am to be like Christ, to live in Him, to walk with Him, to love Him. But if my body dies, oh the joy that day will bring! To be with Him in the truest sense! To have everything, every treasure, eternal life, truly begin at that moment...THAT is gain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!