Jun 17, 2010

Pray for our Youth Mission Team, Day 7

If you've been following along and think that these mission trip experiences sound wonderful and all, but are pretty convinced they aren't for you.  There are still tons of ways to help support missions work.  You can volunteer for more local missions, such as food pantries, soup kitchens or shelters.  Or you can donate time, money or items to the organizations that do missionary work.  I truly believe that we are given different gifts and passions, and that if we all use those gifts and passions properly we will be fulfilled and do great works!!   Just because I felt called to help build houses in Mexico, doesn't mean that you should too.  One of the young ladies went on a trip to do work at an orphanage, in Romania I believe, a few years ago and as much as I can clearly see that would be an amazing experience and fulfilling a great need, it's something I don't think my heart could take.  I think I would be entering TOO broken by such a trip.  But I believe that's why we are each given different hearts, desires and passions.  If you follow where he's leading, I promise great things will happen.

Today's Prayer Requests:

  • pray for the gospel to be clearly communicated
  • pray for God to use each team member

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I found you from the buzzhive. I'm now following and hope you'll follow back at www.coolestmommy.com.

    I also prayed for the Youth Mission Team!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!