Jul 8, 2010

T minus 2 days

I am not sure how this happened but an event I signed up for MONTHS ago, has seriously snuck up on me.

In just two days, we will be heading out for what I can guarantee will be an emotional event.  But somehow I've let all my typical over anxious, stress filled planning for this event escape me.  Whether this fact is a good thing or not will only be know on Saturday.  But I'm HOPING that Saturday we will gather up the items we need, such as food, good walking shoes,food, bug spray, tissues, lawn chairs etc and head out the our local Relay For Life event and have a great time surrounded by friends.

This will be our first Relay since my mom passed and also the first Relay at which we will be honoring my husband's mom, who has been recently diagnosed with cancer.  It will undoubtedly be an evening full of tears but I anticipate it will also be one full of laughs, for this is how BOTH of our moms would want it.

Even despite my lack of serious effort this year I have raised just over $300, thanks to my amazing friends and family and my husband has raised another $300.  This is by far my lowest fundraising year, but was truly my goal this year to simply focus on our family and remembering and honoring all too many loved ones in our family who have fought (and too too many who've lost) against this nasty disease.

If you have a loved one who's battled cancer and feel compelled to donate, you are welcome to do so using the Relay icon to the right of this page.  But more importantly, I'd ask for your prayers for our family as we attend the event this Saturday.  I really hope to use the event to show my kids that while our family has not had enough success stories, there are many people who do win the battle and that with the money we raise, we hope that number will continue to grow.

1 comment:

  1. Money is tight right now but I will pray for you and yours as you walk. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and my husband had his prostate removed due to prostate cancer last year. It definitely touches, and takes, too many precious lives!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!