Aug 20, 2010

Five Question Friday, 8/20




1. Do you have any nicknames and if so how did it come about?
First of all let me just say this is sort of a sore spot for me.  Growing up I always longed for a name that could be shortened into a nickname.  I think it's why my two older boys have a handful of nickenames each.  (I'm not sure what happened with #3, his name was picked by my mom who apprently had something against nicknameable names.)  BUt I guess officially I did have a couple.  My father often calls me Lis ("lease") and my mom called me Princess, yup even into my 30s my birthday cards would come with "Princess" on the envelope.  But I think my favorite nicknames aren't really nicknames but aren't my proper name either...Mom, Mommy or Mama!

2. What is your birth order amongst your siblings?
Well for this one you MAY want to get out your pencil.  I take gerat pleasure in rapidly explaining this to people and waiting the confusion as they try to sort it out.  Here's the deal depending on how you look at it I and The Only, The Oldest, The Middle AND The Youngest!  From my mother and father I am the ONLY.   Once my mom got remarried I became the Youngest in that house.  When my father and stepmother had my "baby" bro I became the Oldest there.  But to me, with a big bro and lil bro I am the Middle.
But as I learned in psych class my personality was pretty much set in stone before I gained any siblings so I am in most ways a pretty stereotypical Only child!

3. In a movie of your life, who would play your significant other?
Based on looks I think Ed Harris. 












4. What is currently your favorite song?
I can never pick just one.  I am leaning towards pop stuff right now.  I love Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas.  

5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?
I am saving for two trips.  A family trip to FL not this coming winter but the following winter.  We haven't been able to do more than a night or two away in over 4 years so we're hoping to make it a really great trip.  We're doing this by trying to tighten our belts weekly and saving any extra money we get from gifts etc as well as gift cards that can be used for the trip.
And I'm now saving for BlogHer'11.  I bought my ticket to the conference with money I made from my blog and will continue to save anything I can generate from my blog to pay for the trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!