Nov 24, 2010

30 Days of Truth, Day 24

Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)


I made a playlist for my boys.  Looking up the songs, I could even read most of the lyrics without tearing up.  All the songs on the list are either meant to describe the indescribable love I have for my boys.  How they are capable of bringing sunshine to the cloudiest day with just their smile.  I really don't think that a child can fully understand the power their giggle has to fill a mom's heart.
And there are also songs, like The Greatest and Hero that are meant to remind them that they are wonderfully made with more potential then they will probably ever realize but that it will be their chose to keep focused on the positive and do the great things they are capable of.

Bette Midler - Baby Mine

Carpenters - Close to You

James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)

James Taylor - You've Got a Friend

Creed - With Arms Wide Open

Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up

Kenny Rogers - The Greatest

Lee Ann Womack - I Hope You Dance

Mariah Carey - Hero

Nat King Cole - Unforgettable

Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face


**In case you missed my post here, I am taking part in a challenge called 30 Days of Truth. Each day in November I will write about a given topic of truth as it relates to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!