Mar 24, 2011

Top 11 Perform on American Idol


My recap of the Top 11 performances on American Idol.  Who are your favorites?

Casey Abrams
Casey did "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" and I think he did a good job.  He took the comments last week and the comments from the producers said and worked on his control.  Still wasn't my favorite performance of his.  But I'm sure he'll go through to next week.

Haley Reinhart
Haley sang "You've Really Got A Hold On Me."  I really liked her look this week and I think this sound suites her!  A really good performance for her.  I think it MIGHT be enough to keep her out of the bottom three this week.



James Durbin
James did "Living for the City" this week to finish out the show.  He was looking even more like Adam Lambert than normal this week, and worked it just like Adam too.  He owned that stage.  I didn't know the song but I loved his performance of it.  My favorite for the night, again!!  Go James! First performance that moved us to vote this season!!!  I didn't hear what Randy did AT ALL, I thought he started off great and just kept it going! (Booooo, Randy)


Jacob Lusk
Jacob talked about not being able to just sign a fun song, that he has to have lyrics that MEAN something for him.  He performed "You're All I Need to Get By."  The producers talked to him about working on his control also, pulling back on the high notes some.  And I have to say I liked it!!!  After seeing him tonight, I can totally see myself buying his album.  And Steven was so moved that I think in an American Idol first, he got up on the stage to give him a hug!!  And then Gramma got one too! And the entire first row...LOL
 


Lauren Alaina
 Lauren did "Keep Me Hanging"and did a great job.  One of my favorite performances of hers in the last few weeks!!  Great technical performance and finally brought back the attitude she had in her original audition.
 

Naima Adedapo
Naima sang "Dancing In The Street."  I didn't think it was as great as the judges did.  It was ok for me, not amazing.  I think she worked the dancing in better than in the last couple weeks!



Paul McDonald
Paul did "Tracks of My Tears" with his acoustic guitar.  As he has each week, he made it sound like his own.  I'm not sure if the guitar helps him sound wise but it makes him look a little less crazy with his spastic movements!  As far as his performances, I think it was one of my favorites.


Pia Toscano
Pia sang "All In Love Is Fair" (from Stevie Wonder in case you, like me, hadn't heard of it before).  She came out looking very elagant and performed flawlessly as always.  Not a great song choice for me, but I like knowing the song.  She sounded amazing.  Very Celine Dion I think!

Scotty McCreery
Scotty did "For Once In My Life" this week.  And it was my favorite performance of the week.  I think he made it his own and it was also another step up from his other performances.  Each week he builds and grows.  I loved him from day one but he is bringing it and proving he deserves this!

Stefano Langone 
Stefano sang "Hello." And sorry Stefano but it was horrible for me.  I LOVE that song and you murdered it.  I didn't like the changes at all.  It felt whiney and painful to me.


Thia Megia
Thia did "Heat Wave" and I didn't love it as much as other performances of this season at all but I liked seeing this different side and her strong vocal skills.  But it's still in need of some more personality or feeling. I hope she can stay another week because she is clearly taking what the judges say to hard and pushing herself.
 
 So who do YOU think will make it to the Top Ten?  Did you vote? 
Photos and videos courtesy of American Idol online.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not crazy about American Idol.....I mean I like talent shows, BUT I like other judges. Such as Simon Cowl...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of the few people that doesn't watch this show. I get so confused with the Facebook comments about the performances and judging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Stefano was horrible and it is bugging the heck out of me that he won't keep his eyes open. Jacob was outstanding, and I really liked Paul's song. I was getting very tired of him, but that one was good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!