Apr 18, 2011

Help for a Friend

Over ten years ago I met a young lady, still in high school as I chaperoned a mission trip to Mexico.  That was the last trip she would take for a while.  But just this year she went to Kenya for two weeks as part of a mission trip from our church.  While there they did some amazing work and Janelle, who now an amazing photographer (among many other things) took a ton of beautiful photos.  She has entered one of those photo in a contest.  She needs to be in the top 20 and is sooo close.  Voting only lasts for a few more days and I know that we could make a big difference.  You DO have to register to vote.  So to thank you for that time, if you vote you can gain one extra entry to one of my giveaways each day you vote!!!


Here are the details from her:
PLEASE VOTE HERE: http://photocontest.iexplore.com/images/view/886

I have entered the iExplore Photo Safari Contest with a photo I took of a little boy on my mission trip to Kenya (pictured).

I need to be in the top 20 to be considered to win the grand prize. I am currently in 26th place out of 1,710 photo entries.
...
Please help get me back to Kenya! Since they’ll be providing airfare, I intend to spend two extra weeks after the safari doing missionary work to continue helping the people of Kenya who have touched my heart.

Thank you for all of your support and keep up the great voting!

You may vote once per day, per e-mail. Contest voting ends April 22, 2011.

ABOUT THE PHOTO:

I went on a mission trip to Kenya in February 2011 and visited cities to deliver food to hundreds suffering from devastating hunger. This photo was taken at "Tent City", an IDP camp in Maai Mahiu in the Rift Valley. These camps were set-up due to thousands of Kenyans being displaced after their homes were destroyed from post-election violence in 2007. This boy came up to me crying for help because he lost his mother. I picked him up, we searched for his mom and finally found her. He was happy.

4 comments:

  1. I voted for your friend. I hope she wins because it's a very powerful image! All I ask in return is that you like my FB pages http://www.facebook.com/AnaSilvaPhotography and http://www.facebook.com//ChildrenPituresCreations. You can also follow my blog. Thanks and good luck to your friend.

    God bless.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it- You have already voted for this entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I'll vote for her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!