Jun 25, 2011


Have you visited Kmart Playdate Place? The online community has recently relaunched its new design and hopes to become a go-to destination for parents looking for ways to keep their kids entertained and engaged, with articles and advice to facilitate play and planning get-togethers. When you sign up for the Playdate Place newsletter to receive tips and special members-only deals, you are automatically entered in their weekly and monthly prize giveaways, too!

I was given the chance to check out Kmart Playdate Place first hand and I was pleasantly surprised by all the great stuff I found.  

First of all you'll find a huge variety of competitively prices toys that are made to be even better deals with member only specials.  You can order online to pick up at a local store (though I found my local store wasn't close enough for my taste) and can pay via paypal (something I personally love because we don't use debit or credit cards very much).  I will be hosting a great outdoor playdate in a couple weeks and ordered a ton of great new outdoor toys for the kids to enjoy.  Ordering online was easy even though I changed my mind a hundred times on exactly what I wanted.  I was also thrilled with the speed of their shipping.  The site gave projected dates and since my party date was right in the middle of the projected dates for standard shipping, I decided to eliminate the risk and when for expedited shipping. But within hours I had emails telling me my items were shipping.  Items were shipped separately to speed up shipping and most of my items arrived in half the time they were promised in.  (This is not a guarantee of shipping speeds, please use their estimates for shipping and be pleasantly surprised if you too get faster delivery!)

If you are a parent, and haven't braved the playdate milestone yet, check out Kmart Playdate Place for some help, like this great post on the blog

Make Your Home a Playdate Paradise

If you’re a stay-at-home parent of a toddler or preschooler, you know that as fun as Play-Doh and Candy Land can be, sometimes you need a little adult conversation.
That’s where playdates come in. Done right, they can be as much fun for the parents as for the kids themselves. Kids love the chance to travel to a new place and explore someone else’s toys, and parents can recharge for an hour or so over mini-muffins and coffee. Before you invite young children over to play, though, there are a few simple steps you can take to make sure you’re ready.
~To continue reading~


If you haven't checked out Kmart recently, it's time to take a new look.

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. However, all opinions expressed are my own honest, personal opinions.

2 comments:

  1. mmm… mini-muffins and coffee!

    Great news about the shipping speed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard about that before. Very interesting! Glad you found some outdoor toys that worked.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!