Aug 31, 2011

Game Time: Tackling the Past, Saturday, September 3 on NBC at 8pm ET/7pm CT.

Pro football star Jake Walker returns to the small hometown he left in pursuit of a Hall of Fame career. But when he finds that his contract is not being renewed, he’s forced to reconnect with the family and friends he abandoned along the way. Can this all-star overcome his painful past in order to establish his future?



  • Official Family Movie Night website
  • Family Movie Night Facebook page


  • I was given the chance to preview this new family movie this week so that I could share it with you.  I have admitted before to my love of  family movies, I used to absolutely love the after school specials back in school to, what can I say.  And I LOVE football movies (Rudy, anyone?) 
    I don't know how anyone can NOT like sweet sports movie with a great lesson.  I personally think that Game Time: Tackling the Past has several great lessons.  As a mom of an athlete I loved the lessons about teamwork and about playing for each other, not just for yourself.  This is a great concept on the field, in school and even at home!
    And as an adult, the lessons about letting go and making amends with your past was powerful.  This movie reminds us that our parents are just as human as we are and they will make mistakes too.  
    This movie is not full of suprising plot twists, it's really rather predictable.  But I thought it was well acted for a made for TV family movie.  And it is very family friendly.  I felt it held a fast enough pace to keep my attention and I really enjoyed it.
    My favorite take away (and I may be paraphrasing a tiny bit):

    You can't have a perfect day until you've done at least one thing for someone else!



    Game Time: Tackling the Past
    Saturday, September 3 
    on NBC at 8pm ET/7pm CT. 



    I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of P&G and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for leaving me a comment!!