Sep 8, 2011

Day Out With Thomas 2011

Big, smelly and noisy...it's pure heaven for little boys.  Not to be stereotyping or anything but it seems boys and trains go together like peanut butter and Nutella (which is a way better combo then pb and jelly in MY opinion)
And when it comes to trains, Thomas is a rock star.  Several years ago, we took the older boys to a Day Out with Thomas and they loved it, so when we had the chance to go back with Bryan for the first time, I knew he would be thrilled. 
When we went several years ago the boys were 2 and 3 and it was a super hot day.  We hot all the Thomas activities and saw a few other things.  This time, the weather was perfect and though we are out numbered, everyone is older so we spent more time enjoying the full train museum. 
There are tons of trains, some stationary and some not to look at.  Some of them are open to walk through.

I have to admit that some of the areas are a very tight squeeze and begin to spark my mild claustrophobic issues.  But the boys loved checking out all the different cars from the high end private sleepers to the dining cars etc.
checking out an old train car

look a private potty
If I could travel with a private room AND bathroom like this one, I might acutally see myself training it cross country. 




hangin' in the lounge car

shhh, Timmy is sleeeeping

time to eat in the dining car


We planned to arrive a little early but ended up having over and hour and half before our scheduled time to ride Thomas.  I thought Bryan might explode while waiting but we managed to keep him busy checking stuff out until it was FINALLY time to get in line...for our photo.  TIP: We get in line to get our photo before the train gets back for the time a head of us, so about 40 minutes before out time.  Got our photos and then headed over to line up.  Still waiting a half hour but having SEEN Thomas up close and personal was enough to hold my lil man for another 30 minutes for HIS turn!

You have to admit, Thomas is a pretty lovable guy.
Can you TELL how excited Bryan was to be on Thomas?!?!?!
And that is older brother is slightly less impressed but totally tolerant because he knows his brother is happy!
After we enjoyed out ride on Thomas, we ended up riding a cable car/trolley and several (3 or 4) other trains that offer rides at the museum.  While I am sure each museum is different, I highly recommend getting the most our of your day by really checking out the full museum.  The boys really loved riding all the different types of trains and talking to the different engineers who were all fabulous about answering questions and giving suggestions about other things to see and do.

We had an amazing time, and I"m so glad we went because I really enjoyed this trip so much more than our first time!


Disclosure: Our family was provided with a family 4 pack of tickets to check out Day Out with Thomas.  I have not been compensated for a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own honest, personal feedback!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a fun day! I have to write up my post but our family also went to Day Out With Thomas and it was our first time! All 4 of the kids had a great time and even though a storm came in and we cut our day short, we will def. go again next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!