May 29, 2012

T-Mobile Complaint

This Email just went off to contractreview@t-mobile.com
I have a friend who swears by T-Mobile but I have been lied to by them repeatedly so I felt the need to share this with others.

To Whom It May Concern,

I just got off the phone with a representative who informed me that I was apparently signed up for a plan that never offers me discounted phone purchases, this was a bit of a shock since I was NEVER informed of this when I was made to switch plans in 2011.  But an even bigger shock was being told I am currently being shown under contract until 2013.  In 2011 I made a call into T-Mobile because I was unable to make my payment online. I was told by the rep that that was because my previous plan (a prepaid plan which, by the way also included a 2 contract that I was also told I wouldn't have) was no longer offered and that I HAD to switch plans.  This was made acceptable when I was quoted a lower rate for the unlimited plan.  But I specifically asked if this would extend my contract. I was told that no I would NOT be under an extended contract but that the change simply had to be made because my then current plan was no longer available.

At this point I am ready to file an official BBB complaint because I whole heartedly believe this is the SECOND time I was intentionally misled about being put under contract.  I am also very upset that I was put on a plan with no decent phone upgrade options. I would like notice ASAP of termination of this contract which I never agreed to so that I can switch providers where I will eligible to purchase phone upgrades at reasonable prices.

Because I do NOT have a working cell phone and refuse to pay $600 for a new one, you can reach me during business hours at work ###.###.####.

A Lost Costumer,
Lisa Noel

6 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I got a prepaid plan with them a few years ago for my son. I was told that I was under no contract and that it was a month to month plan which I could cancel at any time without penalty. When the time came that my husband added us to his plan, I terminated the tmobile account... only to receive a bill for "penalty for early termination".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this Merry it makes me feel more confidant that I'm right on this. I know there have been times I haven't asked the right questions but I KNOW that both of these times I specifically asked about contract obligations :(

      Delete
  2. My brother had the worst issues with them. He went there for the cheaper rates and couldn't wait to get out of that contract. Sorry you are dealing with this.

    (We just switched to Sprint and are liking the unlimited data option they have for a lower price than a fixed data option at other places!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got VERY mixed reviews on EVERY company yesterday on Facebook but many had great things to say about Sprint.....I'm waiting to see what TMobile does to try to appease me. If they can make it worth my while (ie give me a new phone and fix the contract issue) I will stay until I am needing a phone again.

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I hate getting lied to by phone companies. I also ask for something in writing or an email, some kind of confirmation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clearly need to start doing this and then actually reading it. I just assumed that if I asked the questions and was given a straight answer, they couldn't legally lie to me. Live in and learn I guess. Waiting to hear back from them.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!