Jul 25, 2012

Ore-Ida Grillers Thick Cut Potatoes Review

Although I have been working hard at adding lots of green veggies to our diet this year, there will always be a soft spot in my hear for potatoes. And like everything, there is no reason you can't have them in moderation.  And when I was given the chance to check out these new products from Ore Ida, I thought they looked delicious. And they would give us a yummy potato option that could be made on the grill.
Grillers Golden Thick Cut Potatoes as well as a package of the Grillers Seasoned Thick Cut Potatoescan be purchased at grocery stores and mass merchandisers nationwide (such as Target, Walmart, Sam’s Club, Jewel-Osco, ShopRite, Safeway and Stop & Shop)



Sorry I didn't label these photos before I tossed the bag so I"m not a 100% sure that the nutrition labels match up with the right product so double check before you purchase.




It took me a couple visits to our local Walmart before I finally spotted the Grillers along side the other Ore Ida products but was excited to finally get them in hand. The plan was to grill some hot dogs along with both varieties of Grillers.  But my grill master has moved out, and though I have been known to kick butt on the grill in the past, it was apparently not meant to be that day as I couldn't get the grill lit.  I smelled gas and looked at a badly rusted grilled and remembered the swarm of bees we'd seen in it several weeks ago and decided I'd have to check out one of the other preparation methods.  

Luckily there were directions for grilling, baking and broiling.  Thankfully it wasn't too hot so I cranked up the oven and baked our Grillers.  I love that I wasn't left guessing how to come up with plan B but disappointed I couldn't try grilling them.  I love not having to heat up the kitchen in the summer by using the grill.  But once I opened the package and saw how small some of the pieces were, I MAY have been better off as I have no sort of grilling pan and was going to preheat the grill without opening the package. If you are at all like me and tend to 'lose' things down the grill, you may want to use some tin foil or a grilling tray to do these. Or at least for the smaller ones. 
But if grilling isn't your thing, I can tell you they were delicious baked.  I personally preferred the seasoned ones but the boys loved the
Golden Thick Cut Potatoes.  

These are definitely something we'll have again because I LOVE a meal that involves no arguing about eating.  While I don't subscribe to the clean plate club theory (meaning making your kids eat everything on their plate), you can still tell they loved it when this is all that's left behind!!



If you want to learn more about Grillers Golden Thick Cut Potatoes visit the Ore-Ida website and Like the Ore-Ida Facebook page.


I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Ore-Ida. I received coupons to purchase products to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating

4 comments:

  1. Those look good! I didn't know that you could bake them! I keep seeing them at the store but haven't bought them yet. Soon for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared to try the grill :) I so want to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I admit I have no clue how to work our grill. I know how to use the George Foreman grill though and these will probably be yummy on that. That's awesome though there are other directions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!