Dec 23, 2012

Celebrate with a Christmas Ice Cream Cake from Baskin-Robbins

Christmas is full of traditions.  Many of us will hustle and bustle these last few days before the holidays to be sure we do all the things that make Christmas FEEL like Christmas to us.  I love some of the traditions I had with my family growing up but when I started my own family I haven't kept all my parents traditions going, and I've started many of my own with my kids.  Sometimes its good to try something new, even in a very traditional season.  You never know what you might miss if you're not open to new things.  For instance these adorable and tastey new ice cream cakes available at Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Available now at participating Baskin- Robbins’ locations nationwide, these ho-ho-holiday cakes make for perfect gifts or delectable additions to any holiday party. Guests can customize each cake by choosing their favorite ice cream flavor, including December’s Flavor of the Month, Mint Chocolate Chip, a classic flavor featuring mint-flavored ice cream with semi-sweet chocolate chips. 


The eye-catching holiday cakes feature a unique dome shape available from Baskin-Robbins. The fanciful holiday designs include:
• Snowman Cake: Get into the holiday season with this holly jolly snowman cake, made with a layer of cake and any ice cream flavor. 
• Santa Cake: Complete your collection with the Santa Cake. This treat will be the life of the party and can serve as the centerpiece for any holiday celebration. 
• Elf Cake: For any dessert table in need of a little extra help, the Elf Cake is a delicious addition that can be customized with a layer of cake and any of Baskin-Robbins’ ice cream flavors. 

Baskin-Robbins’ Snowman, Santa and Elf cakes each serve 8-12 people and have a suggested retail price of $26.99 during the month of December. (My location was selling for $23.99.)

For guests looking for a smaller treat, Baskin- Robbins is also offering Snowman and Snow Woman Individual Treats.  Guests can pick their favorite Baskin-Robbins flavor and turn it into a snowman almost too cute to eat. The Snowman and Snow Woman Individual Treats are available at participating Baskin-Robbins shops and have a suggested retail price of $2.49.

Still need some last minute stocking stuffers?  Why not give the gift of ice cream with a Baskin-Robbins gift card? Gift cards can be purchased in any amount between $2 and $100 at participating Baskin-Robbins shops or online at www.BaskinRobbins.com and never expire. 

We recently stopped by our local Baskin-Robbins and picked up the adorable Elf Cake.  The boys LOVED it.  It was recommended that we call ahead and order but I wasn't totally sure when I would have the time to stop by to pick it up so I just went and bought from what they had premade.  They had this Elf Cake and a Santa Cake in the freezer ready made.  I try to limit the amount of artificial red coloring the boys get so I opted for the Elf and we were not disappointed.

 

I grew up having ice cream cakes regularly for birthdays and we often found that they could be really difficult to cut right out of the freezer.  But I didn't even think about that when I pulled this one out and cut it right away.  It cut easily.  If you have trouble let the cake sit for a few minutes or run your knife under hot water.  I think the frosting would have cut cleaner if I'd have let it sit out of the freezer for a little bit.  It was fairly messy cutting it full frozen but what can I say, when it comes to ice cream, I'm rarely patient.

I have to admit it feels a little weird cutting to somethings head but once I cut the first piece above and it couldn't look me in the eye anymore, it got easier! And it was so worth it.  Since we bought a premade one we didn't get to customize it with our choice of flavors but that's probably best in our family since the only thing we can agree on when it comes to ice cream is that we LOVE ice cream.  This cake was vanilla ice cream and chocolate cake.  A great simple, delicious combo! I'm not sure I could have done any better if I'd have designed it.


For whatever reason our store didn't have any of the individual snowman treats so we opted for these individual sized treats.


These were made with Oreo ice cream and chocolate cake and they were soooo delicious.  I love these because they're portion controlled.  I didn't think to get a shot with one of them with something for size comparison but they were probably an inch tall, an inch wide and a couple inches long. 

Stop by Baskin-Robbins for a holiday ice cream cake and start some traditions with your family today!!


Follow Baskin-Robbins on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baskinrobbinsUS  and Twitter: @BaskinRobbins
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Baskin-Robbins. I received a gift card to facilitate my shopping experience and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

3 comments:

  1. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to present one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.
    Feel free to surf my blog post - Extreme Day Trading

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is adorable! I absolutely love ice cream cake...the little crumbles are my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!