Jun 13, 2013

Picturing Perfect by Melissa Brown Book Review



If you are a child of the 80s, a fan of John Hughes or simply a hopeless romantic...you'll want to read Picturing Perfect!

Melissa Brown has this way of writing a male lead that truly makes me want to be the one they love.  In this third book in the series of related characters we follow the story of Jason Kelly who is a creative, boy next door type.  I love that he's written with the most amazing thoughtful side without coming off weak or unmasculine.  He really does remind me of the fabulous guys from some of my favorite John Hughes movies, which Brown is also clearly a fan of.  Along side Jason Kelly is the girl who's been in love with him since grade school Hadley.  Hadley is a strong female lead who is very relate-able.  She is just the right amount of confused to make her believable without making us want to smack her.

If you haven't read Bouquet Toss and Champagne Toast, you should absolutely check them out as well but you don't HAVE to before reading Picturing Perfect.  This series develops the story of supporting characters in previous stories instead of building on the same relationship.

I give Picturing Perfect 5 Stars for being the perfect amount of hope and romance without being gag worthy!  You'll swoon, you'll cry (at least I did) and you'll totally giggle!

Find Picturing Perfect on Amazon here.

I bought this book myself.  I've reviewed in on my blog for the sole purpose of sharing something I have enjoyed.  I will receive no compensation if you purchase the book via the provided link. - See more at: http://www.ohboyohboyohboy.com/2013/05/in-stillness-by-andrea-randall-review.html#sthash.sFNc8BMX.dpuf

Also check out Bouquet Toss and Champagne Toast

I bought this book myself. I've reviewed in on my blog for the sole purpose of sharing something I have enjoyed. I will receive no compensation if you purchase the book via the provided link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!