Apr 23, 2008

My son...the funeral director?

Last night I pulled into the driveway after work to find the boys outside playing in the yard, a pretty regular thing this last week as the weather has FINALLY started to get nice. And as I opened the van door Johnny comes running up to tell me that they had an ant funeral. As it goes with 4 year olds he was immediately distracted by something else. Later, after the boys were in bed, I got the full story from Tom. Apparently Timmy killed an ant. Then suffered from some guilt and decided he needed a proper burial. He dug a small hole and tossed him in. Then filled the hole in with some dirt. Then he collected a couple rocks and places them on top. Finally he picked some grass and told Tom that he had gotten some flowers. After arranging the flowers he invited those in attendance to come and eat dinner and said "I hope you enjoy the shrimp."
What weird little boy I have!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!