Jan 8, 2009

Oscar the Pig Mommy Goes to Work, Book Review




I recently had the pleasure of getting a sneak peak the the children's book Oscar the Pig, Mommy goes to Work by Megan Calhoun. As a working mom, I was hooked right off the bat by the title. Then I saw the illustrations and they are just adorable. The story is very sweet and made this working mom tear up as I recalled the days of leaving my kids at the sitter (they're now home full time with Dad). This book addresses the fears children have about having to go to a babysitter in a light way for children. I love it's sweet tone. If you're a mom who is preparing to go back to work to "bring home the bacon" I would highly recommend this book as a way to start talking with your child about it. But even if you're not a working parent there will be times when you will leave your child with someone else and this book will fit those situations too and help them remember you'll always be back. While I don't believe anything can truly easy the gut wrenching feeling a mother has the first time (or first 100 times) she leaves her baby with someone else, this book can at least help ease the transition for your little one.
Kids will love the brightly colors illustrations and you'll love that they're learning. So go check out Oscar the Pig, Mommy goes to Work now!

4 comments:

  1. love love love your layout...very jealous over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a ton of books, but not this one. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi -- that sounds like a great book! Your boys are adorable.

    Thanks for letting me drop by -- I found you through be different...act normal's site.

    Cute blog!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my site!

    I'm sorry you were not selected for Parent Reviewers. I was honestly quite surprised to get my letter since I am new to doing reviews!

    Parent Reviewers did mention that it was a very tough decision and they're encouraging everyone to reapply the next time they are open.

    By the way, I love your header! Your boys are adorable!!

    ~ Have a great weekend ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!