Oct 13, 2009

Where would I be?

It has been a rough week to say the least.

But I can't help but stop and consider where I would be if it were not for my faith.  I know that many people find times like this to be the hardest to keep the faith.  When things are so hard and seem so horribly unfair, people often waiver wondering how there could possibly be a loving God that would allow such things.  And while I understand where those people struggle, I can't imagine how people get threw these things without faith.  It is true that I do NOT understand why God, my God, allows his people to suffer, to hurt and to die with such a lack of dignity, but I also know that some day I will understand.  I have simply had to learn to embrace the fact that my simple human mind can not know or understand all that God can.  But that someday we will get the answers we long for.  

But I don't know how I could make it through this if I was not able to hold on to the idea that my loved ones will stop hurting and will be given a new perfect and pain free life and will be waiting for me when my day comes as well.  I consider myself a strong person and my friends and family have proven to be just as amazing and I knew they were.  But still people are people and despite their best efforts, they are simply not enough, can not be enough.  It is simply the ability to be able to go to the one with the power to get my through this, to call out to him for peace and strength that has gotten me through the roughest days.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!