Dec 30, 2009

Females and Friendship

Just about a year ago I wrote this post about having trouble making new friends. It's something I prayed a lot of about and have tried to make an extra effort on my part and I'd say I've seen some real progress. I have one amazing new friendship. And of course it will NEVER replace the relationship I've lost in my mom, but I think it was a true answer to a prayer when it was REALLY needed. Seriously the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

And I've made some friends with moms at pto and basketball etc. And I've reconnected with some good friends from high school.

Ok, so step one, MAKING friends has been achieved. Now I just need to improve in maintaining friendships.

But I'm trying to figure out what else makes a friendship last. I used to always think it just happened. You either had friends or you didn't. I thought the same about marriages too. But I've come to learn that ALL relationships take work.

So I'm wondering...what do you think it takes to have a good friendship??


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!