Jan 18, 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's...


I'm so torn right now. There are some many things that I'm frustrated with. I wish I could just put on my cape and right all the wrongs. Maybe its just me and my pessimistic attitude but it seems like the issues are never ending. I feel like they're pretty much in every area of our life right now. And honestly, with many I feel like I really could make a difference, or at least I could feel better for trying, but I just get overwhelmed in trying to do it all. Even trying to decide which one or ones to do is overwhelming.
Our neighborhood is unsafe, I could really work hard to get the neighborhood watch program going again. Maybe even attend some city council meetings.
Then there's the schools. Oh the schools. Mind you, I LOVE my kids teachers and the administrators are nice enough people. But our elementary school is very poor and the overall education system and their rules, the more involved I get the crazier it all seems. I am seriously blown away at home much time is spent in the schools teaching to the silly tests and not teaching for the sake of learning!! Seriously, who thinks these rules are productive, cuz certainly not any teacher or administrator I've talked to!
And the list goes on...

What I've been doing is trying to be involved a little all over the place, but I don't feel like I'm really making a difference anywhere. So I'm trying to decide what I need to do differently. Do I need to find my voice and just be a squeekier wheel demanding some oil. Or do I need to really focus on one avenue at a time?

I suppose I could just run for president and fix it all! LOL Ok, so the superhero cape is probably more realistic than that!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, hang in there! I know it's hard. Hey, you should link this post up over at my blog, it's all about Mama Guilt today. We're sharing our challenges as moms! Just a thought :-)

    Sorry about the struggles with your kid's school. I think if you have a difference in opinion, it never hurts to see if you can approach the teachers with your ideas. As long as you do it from your heart and tell them so. I think a lot of times, teachers just need to know we appreciate them and then they are a little more willing to listen. Just my two cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have your hands full! Its hard being a mama! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! I'm so embarrassed! I don't know what happened to my post, but I finished typing it, published it, and went on about my business. For some reason about 3 hours later, I went back to check on it and half was not there. I hope you will check it out again when you get a chance. It has a nice little message I think. I apologize for the mess up. By the way, I don't have children, but I have a lot of friends and relatives who do and you aren't alone in your way of thinking about the schools. I believe that is why homeschooling is on the rise. I figure the government better be careful or they are gonna lose a lot of revenue from lack of students. Oh, if you were wondering about the "top half" of the post, the post underneath it (Sunday) had the questions. I started this last Sunday and hopefully will be doing it for a while.

    Love and Prayers,

    PJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!