Mar 15, 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba LIVE

Our trip to see Yo Gabba Gabba LIVE; There's a Party in My City started a little rocky as the directions I emailed to my phone suddenly disappeared. (Despite the fact that I can't get a message to go away if I want it to!)  In a bit of a panic my husband turned around and was heading home to ::ahem:: hand write the directions until I was able to get them pulled up another way and we turned back around towards our destination.
Luckily we made great time and still made it before the doors opened.  The theater was super easy to get to and easy access parking.  We hadn't told Bryan where we were going until we got there.  Since he'd just woken up after an hour long nap in the car he said repeatedly that he did NOT in fact want to see Yo Gabba Gabba.  But as he really woke up and began to see all the excitement his attitude changed.  Then he got his own stuffed Plex and was in heaven.

Here is Bryan and I, with him in his DJ Lance glasses. (handed out to all the kids when you entered)

Here's when someone came out on stage and immediately got his attention.
Johnny sporting his DJ Lance specs.
Took this to show where we were in relation to the stage.  The Riverside is a 'relatively' small theater so I don't think there were any bad seats but I know ours were pretty good.
Just being introduced.
Musical guest.  Pretty rockin' music!
Enjoying the show.
Standing up to dance which they did a few different times.
At intermission loving his Plex and his balloon.  (Enough balloons fell that everyone should have gotten one but of course that wasn't quite how it worked so just Bryan got one.)
But Timmy wanted a pic with it.
Johnny and Dad enjoying the show.
Pretty dark, sorry but this was after intermission, some of the characters came in up the aisles.
One happy little boy.
Dancey Dance time. They were both football players, one Seattle Sea Hawk and one Packers player.
And you know there had to be a "Party in My Tummy"
Time to say goodbye.


Waving goodbye.
Sad that they were really done!!
Then I had to stop and take a couple photos of the river walk that the theater is right on.  It was a little chilly and windy but I think we'll definitely have to go back and check it out when it gets a bit warmer.




Overall, it was a great time!  Bryan LOVED it and did nothing but sing and talk to his Plex all the way home.  And Timmy who thought he was just earning himself some serious good big brother points said he enjoyed it way more than he thought he would. (He even wanted to bring in a book because he thought he'd be bored.)
My ONLY important note would be that it is a somewhat of short show in comparison to some.  There were two approximately 20 minute parts with about a 20 minute intermission.  I think this is important to know before you decide to purchase tickets.  But if you have a Yo Gabba Gabba fan, I promise you WILL have a great time!!


Disclaimer: I did receive complementary tickets to the event for hosting a giveaway and posting my honest opinion about the show.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!