Nov 13, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 13

Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)

I played this song countless times for myself while dealing with my mom's illness and passing.  I almost always cried, just as I did today as I listened to it again.
This song allowed me to feel what I felt, the hurt, the loss, the ANGER, the unfairness without forgetting that there is a plan for all this.  As much as it sucked then, and still sucks now that I have lost my mom way to early, there is a reason for it all.  When we acknowledge that having a faith in God doesn't mean life with be easy, that there won't be storms, but that in those storms we have comfort and shelter, we are able to get through the darkest of days. 
This song was sung at my mom's funeral and while no one else in that sanctuary that day might have understood it, it meant the world to me.  I feel that my mom exemplified this concept until the very end. 

(yeah yeah, I didn't write a letter. so sue me)

**In case you missed my post here, I am taking part in a challenge called 30 Days of Truth. Each day in November I will write about a given topic of truth as it relates to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!