Nov 19, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 19

Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

I HATE politics.  And sadly politics is often what turns people off to religion too. I seriously doubt there would be very many people at all that would have issues with religion if it weren't for the politics.  We've recently left a church we called home for many year because the politics became to overwhelming.  There are still MANY people there we love and it is painful for us to not be there.  But Much like the politics of our state, it seems only to be worsening.  Much like the Daley machine, it began to feel as if it were truly only about who you knew, not what you knew.  
We hope to quickly find a new HOME church where we feel we truly belong because our faith IS very important to us.  But we had to leave where we were because it simply felt that it had become way too much of what people dislike about "organized religion."

**In case you missed my post here, I am taking part in a challenge called 30 Days of Truth. Each day in November I will write about a given topic of truth as it relates to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!