Nov 20, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 20

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
I'm not sure there is really a question here? But as someone who has dealt with alcohol and drug addiction in more than one person in my life, I suppose I still have a fairly passive opinion of them.  Both drugs and alcohol can be evil, deadly things for some people.  But I personally will still drink once in a while.  I mean, Jesus MADE wine for crying out loud, it can't be all bad.  Assuming, of course, you don't have an addiction issue and that you don't drink and drive!!  And while there are MANY drugs that are clearly nothing but evil.  I do believe that there are some benefits to some drugs.  I personally don't see the harm in medicinal marijuana.  And I'm honestly not sure I'm convinced of the recent campaign that pot is the gateway to all harder drugs.  I personally know many people who've smoked pot and never done any other drugs. 
For me though, my biggest fear when it comes to drugs and alcohol are me kids.  Addiction runs in their blood!  But they have not been kept in the dark about addiction.  They know what can happen if you are addict.  I hope and PRAY that I will not have to walk the road of addiction with any of my children.

**If you or someone you know is dealing with addiction, please reach out for help.  I know the insanity that is life when you are dealing with an addict and would be happy to talk to you (though I'm clearly not a professional) if you are there right now and need someone to talk to.

**In case you missed my post here, I am taking part in a challenge called 30 Days of Truth. Each day in November I will write about a given topic of truth as it relates to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!