Nov 3, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 3

Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.


I think the biggest thing I hang on to and mentally be myself up for is not being able to do better for my kids.  I think given our situation we DO a lot for and with our kids.  But I am constantly overcome with guilt that I can't provide a better, safer environment for them.  Specifically the neighborhood we live in, and the things that they've endured because of it plague me.  My 7 year old should NOT have to know what a crack baggie is.  We should NOT have to show photo to our children of convicted child molesters (convicted of crimes towards children under 5) because they live within blocks of our house.  These are things I constantly struggle with.  In many ways my kids have PLENTY.  But they do lack some safety and security I so desperately want to give them.




**In case you missed my post here, I am taking part in a challenge called 30 Days of Truth. Each day in November I will write about a given topic of truth as it relates to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!