Nov 22, 2010

KT Tunstall Concert Review

This past Sunday, my husband and I attended the KT Tunstall concert at the Park West in Chicago and we were both thoroughly impressed. I am a fan of KT's music and was psyched from the start, but my husband wasn't so sure. But he was more than won over. The Park West was a MUCH more intimate venue than I've ever been to before. So we had amazing seats and COULD have been right up front if I'd been willing to stand for the whole show. KT's banter during the show also fit the intimate setting, giving the feeling of a local band connection, engaging the crowd but with BIG TIME talent. KT is a true artist. Her voice is beautiful, and the reason I love her music. But she is an all around talented musician and is backed by an amazing band as well.

I can say with much confidence that if you enjoy KT Tunstall's music at all, you will love her in concert. Below is a video from our concert, I didn't take this video but found it on youtube. The sound quality is a video issue, the sound was perfect, even for my sound snob husband!!

And before you go, don't forget to enter to win KT Tunstall's new album, Tiger Suit on my blog here. Get an extra entry by using the name of the song she performed in the video in a separate comment.

Concert dates still remain:
Nov 23 Phoenix Theatre Toronto, ON
Nov 25 Club Soda Montreal, QU
Nov 26 The Trocadero Philadelphia, PA
Nov 27 9:30 Club Washington, DC
Nov 29 House of Blues Boston, MA
Dec 1 Terminal 5 New York, NY

Disclaimer: I received complimentary tickets to this concert courtesy of One2One Network to facilitate my review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!