Mar 30, 2011

Celebrate Mother's Day with Tiny Prints

Mother's Day was always something I started thinking about early every year.  My mom was my best friend so I always wanted to give her something that showed her just how much I appreciated her.  Well, I don't suppose 'always' is really true.  There were times in my life I didn't appreciate her like I should have.  But once I became a mom myself, my appreciation was pretty much unexplainable.  I tried every year to do show it.  But it also becomes hard to balance a Mother's Day celebration when you are a mom.  You want to be able to show your own mom that she's still special but now you have your own kids to enjoy the day with.


My mom let me off the hook shortly after I became a mom and told me I should spend the day enjoying the day as I should with my own kids.  I've had a few less than perfect Mother's Days but I'm also had some great ones.  I've learned two things about having a good Mother's Day, at least in my book.  One, don't keep unreasonable expectations.  If there is no gourmet cook in your home, how can we expect to put our feet up all day and have a gourmet meal spring up magically.  If you don't want to cook, fair enough, I know I don't, but you'll either need to be happy with a frozen pizza OR you'll need to go out.  And two, simple is better.  One particularly beautiful Mother's Day we packed some kites and headed to the park.  We spent a while flying kites, playing catch and just enjoying the park.  It was one of the best Mother's Days I've had.  When we were all tired out and hungry, we went out to dinner pretty early, beating the rush and had no overtired or hungry meltdowns.  It was great.  Of course, last year was hard as it was my first Mother's Day without my mom and this year will be my husband's first without his.  I think we'll do something special to remember/honor both of them.  And this year I will be taking the opportunity to thank those who've stepped up and made me feel mothered over the last year and a half.  It's not easy to express that to someone and I haven't honestly expressed to these ladies how thankful I am at all.  So I think it's time!!

I hope that this year will bring a terrific day for you as a Mother, but don't forget to honor your own Mom or those who have been like a mom to you.  If you, like me, have a hard time expressing those feelings verbally, let Tiny Prints help you with their terrific selection of Mother's Day Cards.



Disclosure: This post is part of a compensated campaign. I will receive payment in the form of a gift card in exchange for posting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!