Apr 1, 2011

Five Question Friday, 4/1/11

Okay, let's get this Five Question Friday show on the road!! Click the image above to join in the Friday fun.
 

Questions for Friday, March 18th

1. Have you ever had surgery?
Yes, when I was 15 I had jaw surgery to fix a severe under-bite.  I do NOT recommend this surgery to anyone.  It fixed some cosmetic issues but it lead to serious migraines.  It was a horrible surgery too. I remember my grandma coming to see me in the hospital and leaving quickly because I looked so bad.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Yes, once as a patient when I was in high school. A smoke bomb was set off in the store I worked at and I had to stay in til everyone else was cleared out.  Another girl I worked with and I both felt sort of dizzy and nauseous so the manager insisted that the ambulance that was on site take us in for the smoke inhalation.  We almost crashed on the way there!  And the company never paid the hospital or ambulance bill!!  
And then I rode in one a few years ago when we had my grandma taken to the hospital because she became non-responsive after what we thought was a stroke. It was later found that she'd been misdiagnosed and she actually had a brain tumor (cancerous).

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
I am notoriously panicked.  I seem to do better now as a mom.  But when I was younger I was pretty much useless in an emergency!
 
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
We keep trying but we have a horrible yard.  Between the layout, the soil and the tree coverage we don't have a good spot.  We tried the topsy turvy a couple seasons ago to grow tomatoes but had horrible luck.  If we wanted a vegetable garden it would have to be right in the middle of the yard and I won't do that.  We have had decent luck with just throwing cheapo packs of flower seeds down in the area by our front steps though.

5. When did you move out of your parents house?
Well I went to college at 18, but I didn't move out out until I was 20.  But even then I moved from their home to a duplex they owned and let me rent out one side of for dirt cheap.  I got my own place when I was married.


















Smart and Trendy Moms

1 comment:

  1. Yes I have had many sugeries.
    1. Gallbladder
    2. Pituitary Tumor
    3. Dental
    Yes, I have been in ambulance, I was six and couldn't breathe. I fought them the whole way… the oxygen smelled funny. LOL
    I am pretty calm in medical emergencies unless it is me having the emergency. I have been in the hospital enough to read charts and machines.
    I can't wait to grow veggies this year! I just ordered some seeds! When did I move out of my parents home… which time. About 3.5 years ago I bunked there for a few months between apartments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!