Apr 28, 2011

The Voice Kicks Off on a Great Note

I was tied up with Chicago sports Tuesday when The Voice premiered.  But thankfully when I realized I missed it, someone pointed out to me that they were replaying it Wednesday night.  I wanted to watch it because I LOVE all the artists on the show, Cee Lo Brown, Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine (from Maroon 5).  Then I realized it was trending on Twitter Tuesday night and I felt like I was really missing something.

So I set up the DVR to record it while I watched American Idol because no matter how great The Voice might be (and everyone was saying it was) I will never turn my back on Idol!

I have to say I was sort of confused by the concept of the show just from the commercials.  I got that the stars were picking a team of contestants without seeing them but I didn't get what happened from there.   Once they explained it, it really isn't that different than most of the other performance shows.

The team selection is cute because it's fun to watch the coaches/stars fight for the contestants they want.  I think the coaching weeks could be a really cool way to get to see the stars I like in a totally new light!

I have a couple favorite contestants, like Javier already.  And I love that Frenchie, a former American Idol contestant that was disqualified because of some topless photos of her circulated was selected for this show.

I will definitely be tuning into The Voice next week! How about you, did you watch the first episode? Will you be watching next week?
 


7 comments:

  1. I didn't watch it, because I just didn't think it would be worth watching. Now I'm mad! But I did enjoy Idol, so I guess I'm ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see it, but it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not see it either, but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched it and I iked it. I am still not sure how I feel about the show, but plan to watch again. I love Blake

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked what I have seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to hate it because I generally hate these kinds of shows....but I loved. Hubby and I didn't look at the screen until we decided whether or now we liked the voice. Added to the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man...I totally forgot about this show...I will have to watch it next week. I wonder if I can find the episode online on NBC...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!