May 17, 2011

Support for a Fellow Blogger

This is Brandie! <3 this shirt
I know many of the people that read my blog, are bloggers themselves and understand the amazing community that exists among bloggers.  Luckily for me, there is amazing community within local, Chicago bloggers as well.  One of the greatest joys for me in attending blogging events, is getting to meet other local bloggers.  I don't think I can even adequately count the number of local bloggers I have met anymore.  And they have all be amazing.  But somehow, there has been one terrific blogger who I keep missing. 
Last November she was the winner of the tickets to the Chicago Toy and Game Fair here on my blog.  And we have talked on twitter regularly ever since.  She is sweet and funny and a mom of three herself.  So despite the fact that we haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting in person, I consider her a FRIEND.  So when she recently shared her diagnosis with Breast Cancer, I was heart broken.  A fellow blogger, mother of three and someone I called a friend was faced with the nasty C word!  Although we are 'local' in the grand scheme of things, I'm not close enough to stop by with dinner or pick up the kids from sports for her. But what I CAN do, is call on the amazing community of bloggers to reach out and show her that WE CARE!  That we take care of our own and that we will be lifting her up in thoughts and prayers this week as she begins the first phase of her treatment with a bilateral mastectomy at just 32 years old!  Did I mention she JUST celebrated her birthday?

I don't claim to know all that Brandie is going through right now, but I know from her blog posts and her tweets that she is tough and she is ready to fight!  Won't you take just a moment to stop by her blog,  A journey of 1000 stitches begins with just one ... and let her know that she is NOT alone. 

I will be disabling comments on this post in hopes that you will do this special favor for me and head over to leave Brandie some comment love and support.  THANK YOU!!!

PS if you are on Twitter, you can show Brandie some love there too, I'm dedicating my tweets to her today and tomorrow and will be RT'ing any @Brandie185 comments.

0 comments: