Jun 14, 2011

BlogHer Is All About Making Connections For Me

With less than two months to go until BlogHer11 I am seriously starting to think about what my goals are.  While I absolutely plan to have a TON of fun, my real goals are to make face to face connections with people.
I want to connect and spend time with some great bloggers I have already met and build on our relationships (and maybe have a cupcake or two).  I can wait to meet some bloggers that I haven't had the pleasure to meet in person yet.  I MAY be found squealing like a preteen girl when I find some of these people for the first time, consider yourself warned! (I may also look totally dazed and confused, so if THIS is the reaction you get please don't take offense, sometimes my brain seems to lack facial recognition ability!)
  And of course I hope to connect with some relevant brands for my blog.
But with all the people I anticipate meeting in such a short time, it can be hard to remember everyone's blog or brand.  So I plan to collect business cards so that I can regroup when I get home and refresh my memory on all the new people I met.
Although this is my first time at BlogHer, I have read more posts about BlogHer than I can even imagine counting (yeah I had some serious BlogHer envy the last two years) and I remember many people mentioning the large pile of business cards they collected and the difficulty they had managing them.  Some talking about dropping piles of cards or their purses become just a see of business cards.
  So I plan to take my Card Cubby and hopefully stay on top of organizing the cards so I don't lose anyone's info. The card cubby is in my purse everyday full of all my preferred shopping cards and gift cards.  But when I head out the door for BlogHer11 I will have it empties out and ready to fill with cards from all the amazing people I plan to meet. 
If you are going to BlogHer11, please be sure you let me know. I have created a list on twitter for people I know who are going so I can be sure to try and catch up with them.
If you don't have business cards for yourself yet, check out the great designs from TinyPrints.

Tiny Prints provides stylish, modern and unique stationery that cover all your paper needs. You'll find summer party invitations, personalized greeting cards, thank you cardsbusiness cards, and even custom wedding invitations. Come try the easy card personalization, powerful preview engine and top-notch customer service and paper quality for yourself! With Tiny Prints by your side, commemorating every holiday and momentous occasion is a cinch! 

Disclosure: I will be provided with complimentary business cards from Tiny Prints in exchange for this post. I am honestly a fan of TinyPrints and all thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own honest, personal feedback.


2 comments:

  1. Tip #1: Don't spend forever designing the perfect business card and then FORGET them at HOME. This year, they're the first thing I'm packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I get to meet you! I hope that I will be going this year!! It will be my first time as a new blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!