Jun 24, 2011

Microwave S'mores

Summer time means camping and bon-fires in our house.  But I have never been a fan of the flaming marshmallow method of s'mores making.  Molten hot marshmallow being flung around by young kids is simply not my idea of a relaxing evening by the fire. And I'm also not a fan of the taste of charbroiled marshmallow.  I DO however love some melted marshmallow and chocolate messy goodness.  But I just like to roll, microwave style.  And you don't need one of those crazy $20 s'mores makers.  Seriously!  Check this out, they are easy, delicious and you won't even need a fire extinguisher.

Step One:
Lay out the bottom graham cracker for the quantity of S'mores you want to make.  I'm making 4!

Step Two:
Add your chocolate. I use 1/4 of a standard sized Hershey bar.  I've heard Andes Mints or even Reese's Peanut Butter Cups make great S'Mores too.

Step Three:
Add a marshmallow to each of your S'mores! I use standard marshamallows but you could also use several of the smaller marshmallows.  The new GIGANTIC ones do not work though, they make a ricidulous mess.

Step Four:
Microwave for :15 seconds.

When you take them out nothing will look very melted but trust me, 15 seconds is enough!  They should look like this:

Step Five:
Add your top graham cracker.

Let sit for a minute, then enjoy!!  All the messy marshmallow and chocolatey goodness without the charred taste!


For other great S'mores creations check out these delicious recipes.  
(click on the image to be taken to the recipe site.)





Disclosure: I have been in no way compensated for this post.  I simply decided to take some photos when I had a s'mores craving recently.  Then I happened to get an email from Betty Crocker with these yummy looking recipes the next day and thought I'd share.

7 comments:

  1. YUM! I never had a s'mores before. I tried to make them once in the micro but it turned out disastrous and inedible =(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM anything smores please! I love that it's summer:) Once you microwave them you can microwave some chocolate and dip them in for a chocolate coating as well, they are scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do that too! Learned it at school! :) LOVE that last one! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no such thing as summer without smores. My kids do the microwave ones all the time. (Even in the winter)

    You can use the jarred cream too, but be warned it is a little messier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy s'mores, Batman! What a great post. Those recipes all look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!