Jun 23, 2011

NKOTBSB Concert

Saturday night I finally made one of my own childhood dreams come true by getting to see New Kids on the Block in concert, and I was NOT disappointed.
photo source

I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all, so I won't discuss the real opening act for the evening.  But I was thrilled when Jordin Sparks became the featured act before NKOTBSB because I've been a fan since the beginning of her Idol season.  She did well and looked beautiful!  Even my 'date' for the evening didn't think she was a fan but was surprised by how many of her songs she knew and liked.

If you were following along on my countdown, you may have noticed that I kept referring to the concert as the New Kids concert but it was actually the NKOTBSB concert.  That's New Kids on the Block and Back Street Boys in concert, together.

I hadn't really done any checking to see what this concert was going to be like.  But they did a great job of blending the two groups in one seamless concert.  They came out together, then alternated back and fourth being on stage alone. Then the ended the concert togehter.
For the encore, BSB came out first, then NKOTB, and then all took the stage together.
I thought that the way they switched back and forth was great.  Often at concerts there are times when you can tell they are intentionally stretching things for a costume change with something like a extremely long guitar solo.  But there was none of that here.  It was one hit song after another.  I am not typically one to dance in public (not without some liquid courage at least) but I couldn't help but get up and move.  Not only does the music of these groups just take me back but they also really did a great job in working the crowd.  It was seriously the most fun concert I have ever been to! Even in the 3rd balacony you couldn't help but feel the energy.

Follow the crew on Twitter:



New Kids On The Block, clearly aren't really new or kids anymore but they still make me totally weak in the knees.  Like fine wine, these guys have only gotten better with age.  They are all still looking great and can still sing and dance like crazy.
Back in the day I was in LOVE with Joey McIntyre...and that hasn't actually changed.  He's totally still my favorite.  But my least favorite was Danny Wood, but da'mn, he is looking good these days.  He has some KILLER arms.  But Jordan, he blew me away with his ability to still hit those crazy high falsetto notes. 

photo source

 
photo source


photo source


photo source






I didn't take my good camera so I got zero decent photos but I am glad I didn't weigh myself down with a dslr because I'd rather have the memories of dancing and having an amazing time than having a couple cool photos and have been too worried about my camera meeting the (insanely sticky) floor.

Here is my photographic proof that I did in fact go.  You can sort of make out the NKOTBSB on the big screen to the right of us.

Disclosure: I paid my own way to the concert and will receive no compensation for this review.

4 comments:

  1. I saw the show twice - and it was great! (Jordin didn't open my first show and Jon Knight was hurt so he didn't perform either so I had to go again)

    The floor at my venue was crazy sticky too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That name is such a mouthful. Glad you had a good time, I know I would have liked to have gone just to relive my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They bring back so many great memories!! I would've loved to have gone! By the way, I LOVED Joe McIntyre too! He's still my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!