Aug 11, 2011

Getting Ready For Back To School

It's hard to believe that it's almost time to send the kids back to school but it will be here before we know it.
Having sent the two boys off for a couple years each now, I feel like I"m starting to get the hang of this "Back To School" thing.  I've learned that no matter how cute it is, don't ever by a backpack with a plastic front, it won't last long at all.  I've learned that kids do love cute supplies, but that if they aren't personalized, they often 'go missing.' And I have learned that even boys like to look their best for "Back To School."
This last one, was pretty surprising to me, as last year I decided to pop into a store that was having a good sale WITH THE BOYS, to pick out some new shoes.  When they each picked out a few new clothing items, they were excited to pick out an outfit for the first day of school.  They both chose t-shirts, so it's not like they are dressing up.  But they really wanted to express their own personal style. My boys love school so getting ready to head back to school hasn't ever been particularly painful.  But last year, as they headed out in their new outfits, that THEY picked out, they had a little extra pep in their step. So this year again, I will take them Back To School shopping, something my mom did with me every year but that I had never really planned on doing with my boys.  They don't really need anything and we won't spend much but if an item or two that THEY get to chose really makes them feel that much better about themselves as they stride through the door that first day, I am all for it!
 
Go see what Tiny Prints has to offer for back-to-school shopping!

Disclosure: I will receive a credit to TinyPrints in return for posting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!