Sep 28, 2011

When It Rains it Pours...


Photo credit: alvimann from morguefile.com



Or in our case, when it rains, it pours into our dining room.

Seriously yesterday morning, as I was grabbing a quick drink before heading out the door for the day water literally sprayed across our dining room.  It had rained a lot over night and apparently our slightly leaky roof is not a SERIOUS problem and the water ran down the wall until it bubbled and couldn't take it anymore and exploded all over the room.  It was so much water, so quickly and seemingly out of nowhere that it made me scream.

We've called our insurance agent and an adjuster is supposed to come out but they are saying they will only cover the inside damage which I think is actually pretty extensive but they will do nothing for our roof/chimney.  One step forward, two steps back, it's just the way life is supposed to be I guess!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I'm so sorry!! That sucks. I hate insurance clauses and catches. Hope you get enough money for the inside stuff that you can fix the outside stuff, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man that really sucks! Can't you claim storm damage from all the hail recently? Worth a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!