Mar 7, 2012

Celebrate St Patty's Day with #HormelFamily

 Growing up my mom made St. Patrick's Day special in several ways.  Although she wasn't Irish my father is (and there for I am part Irish, obviously).  I never really appreciated the connection to my background when I was little, I just loved the fun St Paddy's day brought with its green milk and corned beef and red potatoes for dinner. (She made cabbage too but...I still pass on that to this day.)  However, no one in my family likes corned beef so I've never even attempted to make it. And green milk, well it was a big flop too.  We haven't really found our 'thing' for St Patrick's Day.  
But Hormel has some suggestions you might want to check out if you're like us and are still looking for a family tradition for this fun holiday.
A fun way to start off your St. Patrick’s Day is with a little bit of corned beef hash for breakfast. Try Hormel® Mary Kitchen® hash, which comes in corned beef, roast beef, and reduced fat corned beef hash varieties. Scramble a few eggs to mix in or wrap it all up in a breakfast burrito.
Another popular item on the St. Patty’s Day menu is a hearty stew. If you’re running short on time but still want to have a delicious, filling meal for your family or guests, try one of three Dinty Moore® Hearty Meals™ stews! There are three hearty meal varieties: chicken pot pie, noodles and beef, and noodles and chicken that will fill up all the hungry bellies you are celebrating with!
One fun way to spice up your St. Patty’s Day meal is to host a meal with a “green” theme. Did you know Hormel Foods acquired the company Wholly Guacamole®? Try celebrating St. Patty’s this year with a new kind of green! Wholly Guacamole® comes in a variety of different flavors and will give you a spicy way to get your green in for the holiday! Check out the different products and varieties here!


Photo credit: seemann from morguefile.com

What ways do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? 

 Disclosure: In the spirit of full-disclosure, I’ve partnered with Hormel Foods as part of the Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program. Throughout the year I’ll be receiving product, coupons, giveaways and promotions. However, no payment was given or expected for posting about the program, and as always, all opinions given here are fully my own

2 comments:

  1. Darn no meat eating right now. Maybe we will have to make up this holiday in April! =P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!