May 9, 2012

Four Months with Weight Watchers


Photo credit: mantasmagorical from morguefile.com



This weekend's weight in will mark 4 months on Weight Watchers for me and I am trying not to focus too much on the number I will be able to say I've lost.  I'm currently at 32.4 and I'd LOVE to hit 35lbs!  But really its all about the progress I've made and the ways I've changed my life. 
I LOVE food! But until recently I had a crazy love/hate thing going on with it.  You see when you use food to deal with emotions, you use it all wrong. It really is no different than any other drug.  It makes you feel good for a little while and then, when it's gone you feel guilty, you hate yourself for the way you look and the way you feel.

Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE food.  But NOW, now I can eat a little bit of anything I like because its controlled, its planned and its for better reasons.  I eat fruits and veggies because that's what my body needs.  When I'm truly hungry I have healthy options in my kitchen and at work so that I can eat because I need it.  And when I really WANT something that isn't so healthy, I can see my points, I can give a little here, to have a little there.  When I know I'm making mac n cheese for dinner, I take it a little easier at lunch.  And then when dinner comes, I take out a measuring cup, I measure a serving, a real serving, not a well it fits on my plate so I'm sure its a serving and I enjoy it.  I track my points and I don't have to feel guilty about it.  What I DON'T do anymore is deal with a stressful day by making myself an entire box of mac n cheese after everyone else is asleep. Now I work out or I chat with a friend to deal with stress.

So whatever the number on the scale shows, I will be celebrating four SUCCESSFUL months with Weight Watchers and surviving my first #2WeekChallenge with #Mamavation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!