Aug 7, 2012

Dreyer's / Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream supports Operation Smile

Why not take a minute today to beat the summer heat and cool off with some delicious ice cream? Now imagine if that ice cream was better for you, too! Dreyer's / Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream has all the rich and creamy taste of regular ice cream, but half the fat and one-third fewer calories than regular ice cream; making indulging in this warm-weathered treat enjoyable and guilt-free!  Pretty hard to resist, right? Well what if I told you that if you simply take a photo of yourself enjoying your treat and share it on Facebook, you could help a child?
This summer Dreyer's / Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream is giving away 25,000 scoops of ice cream as part of their "A Reason to Smile" campaign to support Operation Smile.  Traveling around the country, they will give consumers a free scoop of Slow Churned and capture the smile on their face when they realize the ice cream they are eating has all the flavor, but half the fat.  For every "ice cream" smile photo captured at an event or uploaded to the Dreyer's / Edy's Facebook page, $5 will be donated to Operation Smile. The goal is to capture more than 25,000 smiles, which will allow Operation Smile to complete more than 500 reconstructive surgeries on children with cleft palates and other facial deformities. 
reason to smile



I had the pleasure of getting to support this fabulous cause while in New York for BlogHer.  Edy's was one of the featured sponsors at Social Luxe where I was able to try not only enjoy my favorite flavor of Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream (mint is my favorite in case you were wanting to send me some).  And they also had a fun photo booth there where we took photos for which $5 will be donated.  I'm not sure there's a bigger win-win around. I mean really, get some delicious ice cream...take a photo of you enjoying...share your tastey pic on the Dreyer's / Edy's Facebook page and $5 is donated to Operation Smile.  Why wouldn't you take advantage of this excuse to eat some ice cream...it's for a good cause!!!!!

Cooling off with some Slow Churned Mint and my friend Paula of FrostedFingers
My reasons to smile:
  • spending time with friends
  • enjoying Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream
  • taking a break from the New York humidity (seriously what is the deal there?)
  • supporting Operation Smile
Now it's your turn...visit Dreyer's / Edy's Facebook page to share your photo and get  $5 donated to Operation Smile today!


I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Dreyer's / Edy's Slow Churned Light Ice Cream . I received coupons to purchase products to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!