Dec 18, 2012

Windows 8 Touch Screen Laptop from HP

Ok, be honest, I know I'm not the only one who's spent entirely too much time on my tablet or smartphone and then sat down at the computer and touched the screen and stared at it wondering why nothing was happening.

Last weekend I was sitting and talking with someone and they mentioned how great it would be to have a touch screen laptop. I told them that they DID exist.  I think I made her holiday, she was thrilled.


I had the opportunity to use a HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook from Best Buy recently and I love the touch screen features.   I have to admit, I was fairly nervous about Windows 8. If you haven't seen it yet, it looks VERY different from any other Windows format you've ever seen.  (It looks like the Windows phones.)  I have been using Windows for a long time.  I've gone through a lot of updates but mostly, they don't really change where I go to find anything.  I LIKE that.  I honestly get a little annoyed when they mess with Office so I can't easily find things and its never been even as close to as different as Windows 8.  But when I picked up my laptop the Geek Squad agent was super helpful.  He walked me through everything to set up the laptop and showed me around Windows 8 until I felt comfortable that I could actually USE the laptop.  I might have felt special about this VIP treatment but then I learned that EVERY ONE who buys a laptop at Best Buy gets this service so they walk out of the store with a fully functioning, set up laptop.  I LOVE this, even if it did make me feel a little less special.  The biggest thing that relieved my worries about Windows 8 is that it's actually super easy to use the it in the old style layout.  For me I couldn't get used to using a browser in Win 8 but I like the one click features of things like Kindle and Netflix, this makes it easy for the kiddos to use things they are familiar with from my phone or tablet.


If you're looking at a Windows 8 laptop at Best Buy you can get all of your Win 8 help and more with Geek Squad® Tech Support 24/7 SUPPORT In Store, online, and over the Phone.  Agents can help you 24/7 with all your Windows 8 questions.   You can get unlimited access to our Agents in store, on the phone or through online chat and remote agent support where an agent can log onto your computer safely and securely while you watch your problems go away. Plus you can have an Agent come straight to your home for a special discounted price of $49.99/visit

You’ll also get exclusive, on-demand access to over 80 step-by-step Windows 8 “how-to” videos to help get you started, learn how to customize your settings, set notifications, use gestures and the charms bar, show how to use SkyDrive, connect to friends, messaging and so much more! Just go to GeekSquad.com/Training and enter your Tech Support Member ID number and you can quickly access all of the Windows 8 videos or browse our other 50,000 videos and available topics

In addition to all of your Windows 8 help, Tech Support will remove computer viruses, give wireless network support, help with hardware and software installation and more

Plus, you’ll get Internet Security Software included to protect against those unwanted computer viruses ($49.99 value)

And Tech Support will support up to 3 PCS, MACS and Tablets – no matter where you bought them, so we can help support any computing or tablet products you’ve bought at Best Buy, on Amazon.com or any other retailer

You can add Geek Squad Tech Support to a qualifying BEst Buy purchase for only $99/year.


I have been compensated for this post, however all opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next write ups thanks
    once again.
    Visit my blog osta asunto Bodrumista

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!