Jul 30, 2008

where does the time go....?

Yesterday my *baby* turned 6 months old. Although most people would guess him at a year or over, I can't believe its been 6 months already. But at the same time its hard to recall life without him.
As a celebration he got to go to the Dr! And for extra fun, his big brother Timmy got to come along too.
First Bryan, he's a good ole healthy boy. He's now 22 pounds 3 ounces and 27 1/2 inches. He is very literally the size of many 18 month old kids. He is exhausting to carry. But because all of his percentiles are in the same range they aren't concerned.
Then there was Timmy who bounced around the tiny exam room like he was hopped up on something. And hour and half appointment felt more like a week. Seems like he's been to the Dr not stop lately but this was finally for his school physical. Everything is pretty much the same with him. He's tall and on the skinnier side but pretty darn healthy. They did list his constipation issue on his school form, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to know that later in life! And then he finally sat quietly after finding out he would need 2 shots, as he hid under his chair, convinced the nurse would never find him. The nurse was great and convinced him to come out and even smile quickly before he screamed like he was dying for each shot and cried for a good while after until he was plastered in band aids. And to make me feel even better he sat and cried "Dadddyyy" while Bryan got HIS shots!
I'm not sure why I keep torturing myself by taking multiple kids in at a time but I must be at least middle sadistic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!