Nov 21, 2008

Fabulous Friday

TGIF!
In a way I can't believe its Friday, and I almost sort of panicked today as I realized I will taking on a job that as been in the planning phase for a while. I'm going to be doing photographs for a local Fire Department. I'll be doing their individual photos, a large group photo and also some photos of their equipment. I am totally excited about this and very thankful for the opportunity to do this. But then, as I always do I begin to worry, stress and even panic. But instead of losing control of my panic today I took a deep breath, reminded myself I felt similar just last week as I did the photos for the preschool at our church and it went so very well. I just need to put a small bit of faith in myself. It becomes more and more clear to me that this IS the path the God has for me as the door continue to open for me...so I know by doubting the situation and myself I am also doubting God, and that's not all what I want to do. So I dug deep this morning and think I am ready. For those of you with little SpongeBob fans, like mine, you can imagine me strutting around my office chanting, "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!" in Spongebob fashion!!!

But in addition to all that's going on in my little photog world, thoughts are now also constantly flooding me about bloggin/writing stuff. This morning "someone" was whispering in my ear about a topic for me to blog about. It has to do with something that I am actively working on, actively but maybe not successfully, lately. I had some great online buddies (and several people, in real life) recommend the movie FireProof and the book The Love Dare. Since we only get out without children once or twice a year we haven't seen the movie. But I did order the book. And it sits constantly in our bathroom. Both my husband and I have been reading it. And like I said I've been trying to DO the things from the book. I've found that many come very naturally. It's simply how I think or am. But some...well let's just say they are NOT natural. So I continue to try. "Progress not Perfection." But then today this voice spoke to me. As it seems to always be with this voice, I'm not exactly sure where it comes from. But this morning it had a question for me. "As a mother would you not do anything in order that your children would be happy?" YES! Of course. Their smiles mean more than anything to me. "Should not the same be true for your husband?" Aw, poo! As it always is with this voice, it's right!

I'm not sure what that means for me exactly for today. But it was on my heart to share it. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts or ideas on this topic. Of course we know that God should be our #1 but who's your #2? The Bible tells us it is to be our husbands. But if I'm honest with myself I know its not...so I'll keep working!


**Note: As I've mentioned before I'd really like to host a weekly blog carnival myself but I'm torn between two ideas....Favorite Foto Friday (I've searched and can't find anyone actually hosting this in a central location, if someone is please please please send me a link) or Faithful Friday that would be some question of faith to blog about. Please write me a quick comment on whether you'd participate in either of these. THANKS!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!