Nov 21, 2008

It's beginging to look a lot like...CHRISTMAS!

Or at least it's begining to look a lot like Christmas Survey time!

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? There was a time when I spent a lot of time wrapping beautifully with bows and tags. Now those who live in my house get stuff wrapped and usually their initial is written somewhere on it in Sharpy and the rest get gift bags. And of course Santa doesn't wrap at all, he takes everything out and puts batteries in and the whole deal
  2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial. It's a really pretty one though. But its also ginormous. I don't know how it will fit this year and anyone be able to move!
  3. When do you put up the tree? I don't, Tom does and its whenever he gets the urge. But usually fairly close to Christmas because it takes up so much room.
  4. When do you take the tree down? Again, not my job! :) Aren't I lucky. But sometimes...AFTER Christmas. LOL
  5. Do you like eggnog? MMMMMMM I love it. But will try to limit it this year. All those calories.
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got lots of great ones, but the most memorable is when I got my Atari!!
  7. Hardest person to buy for? Can't think of anyone...I really love to shop, its just a lack of money that makes it frustrating.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? the kids
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, its a fairly large set that my mom bought us.
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I WAS getting into the habit of mailing cards but its not going to happen this year. MAYBE I'll do eCards.
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really remember any bad ones. Oh wait I remember getting McDonald's coupons from the Christmas exchange our family did and thinking it was pretty LAME!
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Let's see I love A Christmas Story and all The Santa Claus, but "Charlie's little" is my favorite. For those of you who don't think like my 4 year old, that would be the first Santa Claus. You know, the one where Charlie is little!
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The last couple years, July! I'm almost done!
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so. I may have given something away but I don't think I've actually re-gifted something I've got for Christmas.
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies! The peanut butter ones with the kiss in the middle, my mom calls them 'Fart Blossoms' (And we wonder why my kids are obsessed with farts and butts)
  16. Lights on the tree? YES that's the most important part! Currently ours are all gold to go with the whole gold theme we have but probably won't put up this year because they're all glass ornaments. And glass and babies and dogs, are NOT a great combination. So this will probably be the first year we stop with our department store looking tree and start with a multicolored mess of meaning full kids ornaments!
  17. Favorite Christmas song? LOTS. After Thanksgiving I LOVE Christmas music. But Silent Night is very very special. Its the song we close with EVERY year at the Christmas Eve candlelight service at our church.
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Neither. Well, we don't 'travel' any distance but we also don't stay at home (our house) for the whole day either. We usually have breakfast and presents and then we are heading somewhere else for dinner. (I'm so not a big holiday meal kind of cook!)
  19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? If I say yes...will you expect me to prove it? I doubt I do!
  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. I love my angel!
  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We do presents on Christmas morning. I remember doing it Christmas Eve as a kid a couple times. Yeah my mom was a sucker. It always started as"just one" and the next thing we knew they were all open. It makes for a very strange Christmas morning. Then there is always at least one other day that we do presents with a part of my family.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The stress, but I try to do my best to beat it since having kids. So that we remember the real meaning! Which leads me to think of another, the fact that its all "Happy Holidays" now!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
  23. Favorite ornament? I love the ones my kids have made. I also have some that my Grandma made for me when I was little.
  24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Christmas dinner usually looks exactly like Thanksgiving in our family.
  25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I have a want list a mile long but I will forgo ANY things in order to have my mom healthy enough to enjoy the holiday with us!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your not sending out any Christmas cards with pics of your gorgeous boys. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I manage to squeese in a succesful (or anyat all) photoshoot for them, I MAY. But I've said I am not doing at this point to let go of the pressure. I have two huge jobs to get done, printed and delivered before Christmas, a CHristmas Pageant to help coordinate, a couple things left to buy and everything left to wrap. Plus I still have to do those pesky things, like working my regular job, shoppping, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!