Apr 12, 2009

Easter

For all my depth late Friday night, I have none today. So I'll give myself a break and not even attempt any meaningful writing today. Instead enjoy some photos.

Didn't take any photos of the Egg Hunt we went to first thing Saturday.  It was all over too quick to even attempt photos.

But then we had Lunch with the Easter Bunny at the Park District in Gurnee.  We went Friday and got a group shot of the boys with the bunny so here they each wanted to solo...


Then they got to hunt for more eggs.  
You'd think Timmy was really serious about this egg thing but he's soo not.  He just sort of took off, then just wanders, looking around casually, watching everyone else gather eggs.  
Bryan liked the eggs.  But I learned that I had to watch him every second or he'd put the egg down and someone else would swoop in and grab it from right under him.
After they got a round of eggs they come back to find there were still two golden eggs left to be found so they went out lookin again.
Look at what I got!


After our lunch we came home to color some eggs.  We tried a few new things, including these things that were basically QTips filled with highly concentrated dye.  They don't last very long but they're able to create more with them. 

Then we got cleaned up again and headed to Grampa and Gramma N's for Uncle Alex's (early) birthday celebration.  The boys were looking pretty cute, er I mean handsome. So I made the sit for some snaps.


This morning there were MORE eggs to be found and Bryan was all over it.
Then Bryan popped an egg open and realized what was making the noise.  He was in heaven.  But he was going to eat the wrapper and all until big brother came to the rescue.
A little cuddlin'  Despite how he normally feels about this, he was most than willing to snuggle with Timmy.

Johnny with one (of two) of the buckets FULL of eggs.




Then this is the little surprise I mentioned on Monday.  Just over a week ago I sent an email to a few wonderful ladies at our church asking if they'd like to help put together a basket for my mom and (step)dad.  They've been a little down and I was hoping to bring a little joy to their day.  With the help of many more than I expected, they were given this basket overflowing with love!  I have to say that I started this in hopes of blessing someone else, but ended up feeling overwhelmed myself.  The way our amazing church family stepped up is truly indescribable. 






Photobucket





5 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you had a nice Easter. Cute pictures. Your boys are precious. My kids love the egg hunts.
    Great basket for your parents. They will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the boys had a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all the pictures! We used the qtip things too! Alana much preferred those to dumping them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pictures! easter is so much fun! and my grandma told me about that basket for uncle john and aunt debbie and i was nearly in tears when i heard about it! such a blessing :) xoxo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pictures! Looks like you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!