Nov 4, 2009

magicJack review

Do you have one of those family members who you swear has EVERYTHING they could ever need?  You  know the one you can NEVER figure out what to buy for Christmas? 

Well, I may have some help.  You've probably heard of it, but if you're anything like me you've though "Wow, that sounds great...if only it were all true."  I have to admit there have been a few things from infomercials that have tempted me.  I bought a Gazelle several years ago, despite the fact that Tony Little makes me crazy.  And I loved it.  I used it almost every day for 6 months and combined with a diet I lost 60 pounds.  Today its now a clothes hanger and..well I gained all the weight back plus.  But the point, I really was pretty satisfied.
Then there's the Topsy Turvy, which garners 2 big thumbs down from us.  It barely held together long enough to produce a tomato.   
So where does that leave one to feel about the products...'seen on tv?'  Well, for me at least it leaves me very cynical.  Which is why as tempting as it sounded, we never bought a magicJack.
But when I was approached about reviewing it, I was thrilled!  But I think my husband was even more excited.  That's probably because he's the one that's always on the phone.  He set it up in a matter of minutes and we're thrilled with it.  We have DSL so we can't completely eliminate our phone line but we will be saving $40 a month as we can get rid of the unlimited long distance and local toll coverage we've had for years!!!!
There are sooo many great uses for this.  I'm thinking, I'd have been able to have my own phone line growing up if there'd have been magicJack!  If you're on cable internet you can get rid of your phone all together, or use it as a second line.  And it truly is just as clean as our regular phone line.


About magicJack

  • magicJack costs $39.95 plus shipping and handling.  One year of free local and long distance calling to the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, along with all the other great magicJack features are included with your initial purchase.  You can purchase an additional year of service for $19.95.

  • Can I keep my current land line telephone number?

    NOT YET.

    You will be able to transfer or "port" your existing local phone number to magicJack, for a nominal fee,sometime in 2009.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That's great to hear, as we are about to buy a house and are trying to find ways to cut costs and the phone is one of them. Can I ask what the cost is a month for it? I currently pay $65 for our phone and we literally almost NEVER use it. Solely for DSL purposes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!