Feb 1, 2010

Mercy vs Honesty

As I've written about before, I have a serious fear of confrontation. This has led to many an occasion when I've bitten my tongue, sometimes repeatedly on the same issue, and held resentments.
Recently I've felt pulled to work on this issue, to start speaking my mind and standing up for myself.
But just as I begin to do so, I first deal with the guilt of whether I've been overly emotionally or said too much. Then this morning, after an outpouring of my dissatisfaction both here and then via email to our pastor, my email is full of forwards and devotions (daily type that are sent to me automatically via different sites) about mercy and forgiveness.

It makes me doubt myself even more. But I'm hoping that by not holding things in that will allow me to let go rather than hang on to resentments......

2 comments:

  1. I know where you're coming from. I'm a very non-confrontational person and I always wonder if I'm reading too much into a situation. I've come to realize, though, that it's better to get it off your chest, as hard as it may be sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to know where to draw the line. Prayerfully consider what GOD wants to speak up about. He will make Himself known to you.
    I have something for you because I enjoy reading your blog so much. Stop my my "place" and check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!