Jun 5, 2011

Drop Dead Diva, The Complete Second Season now on DVD!



Drop Dead Diva, Second Season now on DVD!

For Jane Bingham, life really is more wonderful the second time around in this wild second season of the breakthrough comedic drama hit. Just when she’s ready to move on from her former existence as a shallow wannabe model and accept her sudden reincarnation as a plus-size, brilliant attorney, Jane gets thrown a whole new set of curves, including a hottie love interest, the shocking arrival of her “secret” husband, the discovery of a half-sister and a career-threatening courtroom showdown. Once again, Jane must chart a bold, new future for herself.Among the guest stars: Paula Abdul, Chad Lowe, Vivica A. Fox, David Denman, Devon Gummersal, Robin Givens, Cybill Shepherd and Natasha Henstridge.
Actor:
Brooke Elliott 
Margaret Cho 
Jackson Hurst 
Ben Feldman 
April Bowlby 
Kate Levering 
Josh Stamberg 
----------------------------------
Special Features:
Drop Dead Dishing: The Cast and Crew on Season 2
A Look Ahead to Season 2
Is This Her Future?
It Wasn’t a Meeting
Tell the Judge You Saw a Ghost
There's a Little Diva in all of Us!
Just Hear Us Out
Begin Again Music Video
Thunder From Down Under
----------------------------------
I have to admit that Drop Dead Diva is one of my guilty pleasures.  I typically watch it from the DVR when no one else is around to save myself the eye rolls.  But while he'll never admit it, even Tom has gotten into it a little bit.  When my package arrived with Season Two on DVD, he asked me, "So do you think she'll ever tell him?"  Yeah, he's not fooling anyone when he's pretending to be online, NOW I know he's watching too.  And if you don't know who she would be telling what, well I don't want to ruin it for you but you should DEFINITELY start watching at season one.  I'm not gonna lie the first couple episodes of the first season were a little cheesy but even then there was something that pulled me in.  And Season Two was REALLY good.  I personally don't think there are enough shows that feature nonmodel thin women who are still trendy and not frumpy.  And this show does a good job of using a 'plus sized' lead character without making that the key factor of who she is.  Season Two of Drop Dead Diva was funny and even surprising.  To me it's a lighter version of some older shows like The Practice.  It's set in an law firm so there's some legal issues but it's focus is really on the relationships and Jane learning to love her new life.  It's funny and quirky.  It's not as dark or over the top with sexual content as most of the lawyer shows on primetime.

Have you watched Drop Dead Diva?  What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen this before. I'm not a fan of Margaret Cho but if she's not trying to be funny, I can overlook her. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!