Mar 30, 2012

Mirror Mirror Starting Julia Roberts and Lily Collins

Looking for a fabulous family movie this weekend?  Check out Mirror Mirror, starring Julia Roberts and Lily Collins!

One of the most beloved stories of all time is coming to life in the motion picture event for the whole family. A fresh and funny retelling of the Snow White legend, Mirror Mirror features breakout star Lily Collins (The Blind Side) as Snow White, a princess in exile, and Oscar®-winner Julia Roberts as the evil Queen who ruthlessly rules her captured kingdom. Seven courageous rebel dwarfs join forces with Snow White as she fights to reclaim her birthright and win her Prince in this magical comedy filled with jealousy, romance, and betrayal that will capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences the world over.  The film also stars Armie Hammer (The Social Network) as the Prince, and Nathan Lane (The Birdcage) as the hapless and bungling servant to the Queen.

Mirror Mirror is rated PG, has a running time of 106 minutes and opens in theaters nationwide today, March 30th

My family and I were able to see a screening of Mirror Mirror this week and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.  It really has something for everyone.  It is a little scary in parts and my 4 year old did comment on that twice so I wouldn't recommend it for under 4.  But this classic fairytale has some great action for the boys and of course the fairytale love story for those of us you can't get enough romance.   I personally loved the costuming and beauty of the sets.  And if you are expecting the same old tale that you've heard so many times, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as this version takes some great creative liberties with the storyline.  There is still an evil queen, Snow White (of course), a handsome prince and 7 dwarfs but the story is quite different from the animated classic even down to the names of the dwarfs. 

Which by the way, can you name all 7 of the dwarfs (from the animated Disney movie)?  Between the five of us we could only come up with 6 and had to Google it to figure out who we were missing!



I've been trying to come up with a good movie comparison for this and I think the closest comparison I can thin of is the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.  There are some scarier parts, there is plenty of action, a little love interest and lots of great adult humor so mom and day enjoy it too!


Will you be checking out Mirror Mirror in theaters soon?  I'd love to hear what you think!


Disclosure: My family received passes to the screening courtesy of Relativity Media

3 comments:

  1. I'm actually going to wait to see this one on DVD. There's another Snow White coming out very soon - Snow White and the Huntsman and it looks like more my style for a fairytale remake...Although, I will admit, that the previews for Mirror Mirror do look funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it. I will have to check out the other version, hadn't heard about that.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!