Nov 20, 2012

Being Thankful for Our Health #KleenexCares

This time of year many people begin to focus on the many things they have to be thankful for.  Truth be told, there is a slight problem with this seasonal appreciation, you see there is a whole lot of year left that we aren't doing enough to acknowledge what we're thankful for.


We're feeling a slight lack of thankfulness in our boys lately.  Maybe it's the age. Or maybe it's that they are spoiled.  When they were little, they were supper thankful for things.  Often they'd tell me 'Thank You' more times than I could count for something super small.  These days however, we can spend an extravagant day out and about doing super cool things that many kids will never have the chance to do, yet the one thing I hear about is the stuff I didn't let them do. How they didn't get to pick where we ate or didn't get to buy a souvenir.  It's beyond frustrating.  A huge part of me wants to pack them up and ship them off to somewhere where there is REAL need for a week or two.  To make them realize that they are so unbelievably blessed to have a family that loves them, a roof over their head and an abundance of food.  I'd give my right arm to get them to understand that the world will NOT in fact end because they can't watch TV or play video games until they pick up their room.  Which is, by the way, an insane mess because they have far too many toys and no place to put them.

But this season, I'm trying to figure out how to realistically regain our focus.  While I'd love to send them on a trip to see some of the things I've seen on mission trips, or even experience real hunger with those less fortunate in our own back yard, I think they are still a little too young.  I don't think it has to take something so drastic either.  So this season I endeavour to take on a year long journey (not simply one that will end when I'm sufficiently stuffed with turkey) to lead by example.  To share and express my gratitude for the many, many small blessings in my life as well as those that seem small, until they are taken away.  Things we take for granted each day, like our health and the health of those around us. 




With the stresses of daily life, we can get caught up in things and lose focus of the things that really matter.  So this season as you're counting your blessings, don't forget to consider your health.  Take a few extra steps to take care of you and your family so that you may enjoy good health through the coming year.  And if there are those who's health isn't perfect, be sure to show them a little extra love this season!!

Kleenex brand, America’s softest tissue, knows that the moments of unexpected thoughtfulness make all the difference.  Kleenex brand will give consumers the opportunity to make the care complete with a Kleenex Brand Care Pack.  It's as easy as 1, 2 3!  Purchase a specially marked box of Kleenex Brand tissue.  Find the code and enter on line.  Then share the Kleenex Brand Care Pack!



Learn more here

What's Inside?

The Kleenex® Brand Care Pack includes: lip balm, 1 oz. hand sanitizer, coupon booklet, Kleenex® Brand Share Pack, Kleenex® Brand Slim Pack, and card redeemable to download four songs from up and coming Universal Music Artists including:

  • Andy Grammer
  • MiloÅ¡ Karadaglić
  • Avi Avital
  • Rebecca Pidgeon


I wrote this review while participating in an ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of the Kleenex brand and received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.

1 comment:

  1. I could hand out these packages left and right at our office right now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!