I've decided that I'm not doing resolutions. They are looked at too casually as something to be declared and then given up by January 31st. So instead I'm making a few GOALS for 2013. And then I hope to follow up in the next week or so with some plans to effectively reach those goals.
My Goals for 2013:
My Goals for 2013:
- become a better mom. Yes, I have fabulous friends who will tell me what a great mom I am. I run myself ragged to get my kids to activities and I absolutely enjoy watching them take part in their activities. But the truth is, in the day to day life, from the getting ready in the morning to the getting to bed and literally all the moments in between some days, I suck at being a mom to three loud and active boys. I don't have the patience or kindness I need to be a good mom anymore. I need to find that again and I need to do it NOW! This is absolutely my #1 priority for 2013.
- rediscover my faith. I know, some will say this should be #1 and the other will come, but it's my list, so I decide. Things have been complicated with our church family and we haven't had a church home in awhile. I need to find us one, even if it's just the boys and I for now. I know I can't do this the right way without one.
- continue my journey for better health. I did great the first half of 2012 but then life got messy and so did I. I've gained way too much weight back. But I'm going to focus on what I've learned, what I've proved to myself I am capable of and I'm going to get back on the horse!
- be a better friend. I have a lot of really great friends. Social media, such as Facebook, allows me to connect with, share with and be inspired by so many fabulous people from all over the country and world. But I'm not the best at staying connected one on one with people. Despite knowing so many amazing people I never feel like I have someone to turn to at any time, day or night type of friend and I know this is all on me, these are my issues, and something I need to make an effort to work on. I'm tired of feeling like I have no where to turn so often because I just feel like I'm bothering someone.
- become a more intentional/organized blogger. I have had a year full of amazing opportunities this year but somehow within that my traffic has actually dropped pretty badly over 2011. This year I will be more focused and intentional with my objectives and direction.
- do one thing that scares me! Again I did well getting outside of my comfort zone for the first half of 2012 but then I got off track. But I know that to fully feel alive I must continue to push myself.