Nov 5, 2010

Little Pim foreign language immersion DVD review

Want your child to learn a second language but have no idea where to start?  If you're like me, you L0VE the idea of giving your kids a head start by teaching them a second language.  If you may also be like me and not actually know a second language, despite 4 years of classes in high school.  My current knowledge of of Spanish is currently surpassed by what my kids have learned from Dora and Diego.  And while I love these shows, knowing how to count to 10 and name a variety of animals in spanish won't be getting them very far either.



With a few different programs for language learning on the market, it can be hard to know what really works.  And I have to say that my toddler isn't exactly fluent in Spanish yet, but he is picking up some of the pieces and most importantly, at least to me, it does keep his interest.  I don't know, maybe he's just got some infactuation with Spanish because he isn't a sit and quietly watch anything kind of kid but he's always glued to Dora and Diego and the Little Pim DVD's have a very similar affect.


From the Little Pim site:
"Little Pim is an award-winning foreign language immersion DVD series for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. We currently offer three theme-based DVDs that use our unique Entertainment Immersion Method™, which combines animation and real kids, teaching simple words and phrases for everyday activities. Each program is available individually or in a discounted three-disc set. Currently we offer Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Hebrew, English (ESL), German, Arabic, and Russian. We will be releasing additional languages soon, so if you would like to request a specific language not listed here, please send us an email at info@littlepim.com.
Click here to compare Little Pim to other foreign language immersion programs and DVDs for young children."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!!